Manager FoundationApply now Job ID 182078 Date posted 08/19/2016 Facility Brunswick Medical Center Department Administration Work Schedule
- Full time, exempt
Location: Bolivia, NC
The team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the comprehensive fundraising plan for the Novant Health Foundation market of responsibility. This includes supporting any major gift initiatives, including, but not limited to, campaigns and planned giving.
This position is primarily responsible for building the major gift pipeline through active management and development of annual donors for the Novant Health Foundation in the market of responsibility. The manager will focus on cultivating donors and prospects with an annual capacity ranging from $1,000 to $25,000, soliciting gifts of $25,000 or less for assigned programs, and qualifying prospective donors for the pipeline to achieve and sustain annual philanthropic support of the Foundation. Responsibilities include establishing and executing individual strategies for a portfolio of a minimum of 75 prospects and donors. Additionally, responsibilities may also include management of specific Foundation programs and projects and serving as a Foundation liaison to various service lines within the market.
- In collaboration with the Development leadership, identifies, qualifies, solicits and cultivates prospective and current donors to fulfill funding for assigned programs, major fundraising initiatives and special projects; this may include working closely with Foundation and system leadership, developing case statements, facilitating meetings and other activities.
- Manages a portfolio of a minimum of 75 prospects/donors. Sets individual strategies and builds relationships with prospects through cultivation. Solicits gifts and develops and implements strategies to recruit new donors to the Foundation. Manages donor stewardship plan and implements weekly, quarterly and annual touches.
- Assists with development and implementation of the donor cultivation and stewardship program and ensures fulfillment of donor recognition.
- Develops and enhances annual giving programs, including, but not limited to, Grateful Patient, direct mail, annual appeals and other fundraising channels.
- Plans, executes and evaluates fundraising events for market. Works closely with volunteers, special events team and department leadership in the planning and execution of special events. Responsible for measuring effectiveness of programs and events.
- Leverages Foundation volunteers and ensures frequent communication to expand and enhance engagement opportunities.
- Supports the planning and implementation of the employee giving program.
- Develops content for Foundation marketing and collateral materials, which may include digital channels (website, social media, etc.), newsletters, brochures and direct mail. Serves as the Foundation’s liaison with Marketing/Public Relations to leverage communications opportunities.
- Establishes a collaborative working relationship with departments within the medical center(s), to include serving as a Foundation liaison to assigned Hospital service lines.
- Maintains and provides appropriate documentation for audits and annual reports.
- Represents the Novant Health Foundation market of responsibility within the community.
- Manages budgets for assigned special events and programs related to annual giving and other major fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree in business, healthcare administration, marketing, clinical science, or related field required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience (focus on healthcare preferred) required. Annual fund, special event and/or planned giving experience preferred.
- Additional skills required: Demonstrated desire to exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors with communication, understanding, sensitivity, teamwork, ownership, motivation, excellence and respect. Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Novant Health. A professional and resourceful style; the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Willingness to learn. Accepts and respects diversity without judgement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-starter who is results-oriented. Ability to solicit gifts; planned giving expertise highly desirable. Excellent time management skills. Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar development database programs. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to respect confidential information. A commitment to providing services in accordance to the mission and goals of the organization. Must present a positive image through professional business attire. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.