BH Care SpecialistApply now Job ID 188655 Date posted 03/18/2017 Facility Presbyterian Medical Center Department BH Access Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (some rotating weekends)
- 40 hours per week
Location: Charlotte, NC
The care specialist completes patient assessments, is responsible for assessing and facilitating complex discharge plans and is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The care specialist works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care maintained throughout the discharge planning process and establishes care connections with providers when patients leave the hospital. They collaborate with providers and all members of the interdisciplinary treatment team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate proactive complex and safe discharge plans with patient involvement. The care specialist collaborates with team members for guidance with medically and/or psychosocially complex cases. The care specialist serves as a resource for discharge planning and care coordination. They must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age and cultural diversity of the patients served. The care specialist will uphold and demonstrate the Novant Mission, Vision and Values, Compassion, Diversity, Personal Excellence and Team Work.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or similar health related field.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: BLS within three months of hire required. NVCI within three months of hire required.
- Additional skills required: Good working knowledge of computers. Ability to care for Behavioral Health Age Specific populations.