The Registered nurse serves as a leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or supports a peaceful death. The Registered nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The Registered nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
A Novant Health registered nursing career demands more out of you and more out of your nursing skills. Your patients will expect a higher level of care. They expect you to do a remarkable job every time. After all, we’re a diverse, growing integrated healthcare system. You’ll also have more support than you’ve ever had, more options and more camaraderie. At Novant Health, you can do more than just get a healthcare job. This is where your registered nursing career can discover the remarkable benefits of joining Novant Health.
- Patient Ally
The most rewarding part of the job has been the same for me from day one - seeing an open heart patient go from their lowest point after surgery to walking a short time later. While it's wonderful to know that I'm part of an organization where patients are given a new lease on life, it's also humbling to know that I'm part of something so special. ~ Cherie, RN Nurse Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Shared goverance, leadership development programs, clinical ladder program
Flexible full-time and part-time schedules
Serving more than 4 million patients annually in nearly 500 locations; at 13 medical centers with hundreds of outpatient facilities and physican clincics
401K and matching program, tuition assistance
ResponsibilitiesFacility Novant Health Corporate Department Central Staffing Office Work Schedule
- Full time
- 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am
- 36 hours per week
*This is a float position to all Women’s Services areas within the Greater Charlotte Market including: Presbyterian Medical Center, Huntersville Medical Center and Matthews Medical Center*
CSSO Registered Nurses are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings. The CSSO RN is part of a market based, corporate float pool team that is assigned to varying units during their shift to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility. These RNs possess the skills, competency and qualifications, as well as a requirement to work in all facilities within a defined market (Greater Charlotte (GCM), Greater Winston-Salem (GWSM) or split market (Rowan, Thomasville and Huntersville). This group shall be known as the general pool. These employees are a part of patient care services.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. BSN preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in at least one of the following areas required: labor and delivery, mother baby, or antepartum; LDRP preferred
- Licensure/certification/registration:Current compact licensure in appropriate state required. BLS Healthcare Provider, NRP required. Fetal Monitorin preferred. Specialty certification preferred.
- Additional skills required: Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy. Advanced training as required by department/unit/facility per identified skill set/sub category. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Has the ability to interpret information and identify each patient’s requirement for care relative to his/her age specific need. Has the knowledge and skill necessary to modify care according to patient(s) age.
- Additional skills preferred: Fetal monitoring.