Major Gifts OfficerApply now Job ID 180604 Date posted 06/23/2016 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Foundation Administration Work Schedule
- Full time
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for securing funds for the Novant Health Foundations by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors, ensuring that as many as possible are retained and are upgraded in their giving involvement. This position will advance the mission of Novant Health by securing gifts of $50,000 and higher to the Novant Health Foundations. The expectation is that the Major Gifts Officer will close gifts totaling $500,000-$1 million or more annually.
This position will plan, coordinate and implement an individual major donor program to meet the Novant Health Foundations’ major gifts fundraising goal and build the individual donor base. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts as well as for coordinator of other staff and board members in additional cultivation and solicitation
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Five years experience in major or planned gift fundraising (healthcare preferred) required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Additional skills required: Demonstrated desire to exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors with communication, understanding, sensitivity, teamwork, ownership, motivation, excellence, and respect. Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of Novant Health. A professional and resourceful style; the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time. Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and Novant Health Foundations. Excellent attention to details and follow through as demonstrated by effective project management experience. Ability to work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal and organization skills. Accepts and respects diversity without judgement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills . Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors. Ability to solicit gifts; planned giving expertise highly desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to respect confidential information. A commitment to providing services in accordance to the mission and goals of the organization. Must present a positive image through professional business attire. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Additional skills preferred: Experience in Raiser's Edge or similar development database programs, strongly preferred.