ParamedicApply now Job ID 182941 Date posted 09/07/2016 Facility Presbyterian Medical Center Department Novant Health Event Medicine Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Paramedic must function as a patient care provider in conjunction with a Registered Nurse in accordance with approved departmental policies, procedures and protocols and functions under the direction of the Medical Director or other assigned leader.
The Paramedic provides patient care within a defined scope of practice that included patient care and observation, specified treatments and procedures; provision of environmental and personal safety; effective communication. The Paramedic will also be responsible to collect pertinent data within their certification scope of responsibilities and report these clinical, psychosocial, etc., findings to the RN and/or ED physician.
- Education: High school diploma required. Must have graduated from an educational program by an approved Advanced Educational Institution as defined in the rules of the applicable state.
- Experience: Minimum of two years recent active experience as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) required. Must at time of hire and maintain affiliation with an Emergency Medical Services prehospital provider that has EMT-P’s as part of their staff. The EMT-P must be in good standing without restrictions required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current driver's license in appropriate state required. AHA - Healthcare Provider, BLS, ACLS, or PALS required. Current licensure in applicable state required.
- Additional skills required: Must have ability to interpret information to identify each patient’s requirements for care relative to his/her age, as well as health and developmental needs. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written documentation. Excellent customer service skills.
- Additional skills preferred: In Virginia market: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, NIHSS.