PsychologistApply now Job ID 181727 Date posted 08/01/2016 Facility Novant Medical Group Department NMG Administration Work Schedule
- Full time, exempt
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Charlotte or Winston-Salem, NC (flex)
The team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Clinical Psychologist provides complete patient assessments, plans for therapeutic interventions and appropriate follow up care, implementing treatment plans, coordination of the treatment process and discharge planning. Completes psychiatric testing batteries and provides reports on this testing to patients, families and providers. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age and cultural diversity of the patients served.
In addition, the therapist will uphold and demonstrate the Novant Health Mission, Vision and Values: Compassion, Diversity, Personal Excellence, and Team Work.
- Education: Ph.D./M.D./D.D.S. required. PhD, PsyD or EdD in clinical or counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Minimum of one year professional experience under the direction of a licensed psychologist or board certified psychiatrist.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Valid license to practice clinical psychology required.
- Additional skills required: Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA standards as related to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Additional skills preferred: Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge, skills and abilities within multiple theoretical orientation. Patient centered focused. Experience working within a multidisciplinary team/medical setting.