ROI TechnicianApply now Job ID 183956 Date posted 10/05/2016 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Release of Information Work Schedule
- Full time
- Four 10 hour shifts 11pm-9:30am; days variable
- 40 hours per week
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Health information management is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record. The Release of Information Technician is responsible for supporting release of information workflows within the Enterprise Release of Information Department.This includes: timely data entry of incoming record requests, responding to status requests/providing customer service for all inbound calls, production of record output for delivery, assignment to low complexity level release types/workqueues, and additional duties as necessary in order to maintain fluid department operations.This colleague will also foster working relationships with other departments to ensure timely resolution related to any issues within assigned workflows.All colleagues in this role will foster respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all phases of the release of information process/release of protected health information.These colleagues will also promote positive customer relations through prompt and courteous service in this fast-paced, high volume, customer focused environment.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in hospital based HIM department, large outpatient clinic, or equivalent work experience with similar job assignments/role/responsibilities required.
- Additional skills required: Professional demeanor, excellent verbal/written/interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Must possess excellent analytical/critical thinking skills. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Must have the ability to meet standardized productivity metrics/goals. Should have a working knowledge of HIPAA requirements/federal/state regulations and medical terminology. Must be comfortable with a technology driven/computer based workflow. Must have a working knowledge of acute and ambulatory medical records. Ability to travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional skills preferred: Experience with the EPIC EHR and/or Hyland On Base scanning application.