Social Worker MSWApply now Job ID 150096 Date posted 06/03/2015 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Care Connectons Admin Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
- Mostly nights and weekends; some day shift hours from 5:00am to 5:00pm. Some holidays included.
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Social Worker MSW is responsible for assessing and implementing social work services in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Assists department team with difficult and complex social situations and provides social work interventions as appropriate. The Social Worker MSW will provide education and contact information to patients and families regarding needed community resources. Provides psychosocial assessments and interventions to improve or maintain the social, emotional, and physical health status of the patient.
- Education: Master's degree required. Graduate of a school of social work that is approved by the Council on Social Work Education with a master’s degree (MSW).
- Experience: Minimum of two years professional social work experience in a healthcare, hospital, or community health setting providing clinical and counseling services required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: LCSW, if regulations demand required. Otherwise, LCSW or eligible for licensure (LCSW-A) preferred.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing; knowledge of chronic disease issues; knowledge of community resources; knowledge of department processes and needs. Demonstrate above average ability in the following areas: managing a complex and varied work load, understanding physical and psychosocial assessment parameters. Strong written and verbal skills; strong problem solving, decision making, organizational and critical thinking skills; and ability to network and access appropriate resources.