Supv Case ManagementApply now Job ID 185112 Date posted 11/13/2016 Facility Presbyterian Medical Center Department Case Mgmt Res Cntr: GCM/VA Work Schedule
- Full time
- 8-hour days (Mon-Fri 8a-5p; Some holiday and weekends. Rotating On Call.)
- 40 hours per week
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for day to day supervision, operations, monitoring ongoing quality, productivity, and efficiency for both utilization review and case management activities. Is available for staff guidance, direction, resource identification and problem resolution. Seeks input/approval from one up leader when necessary. Serves as a department representative for various committees and process improvement activities/planning.
Maintains current knowledge of available community resources/post-acute care options and utilization review processes while ensuring pertinent information is communicated to staff. Participates in coverage of assignments as workload permits.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate degree nursing required (BSN preferred) OR BSW accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required. (MSW accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred).
- Experience: Leadership experience. Case management or related experience. Two or more years of healthcare experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required. BLS Healthcare provider by American Heart Assoc. required. Certification in case management preferred.
- Additional skills required: Current practice in case management/utilization review; regulatory/governing standards, policies, and procedures; required computer/information systems; application of safety and infection control policies and procedures; ability to develop job descriptions, learning plans, give and receive feedback, and coach and counsel staff; staffing, scheduling, and payroll processes; customer feedback and impact on core processes; delegation, team building, decision making, conflict management, change management skills; verbal and written communication skills that are sensitive to diversities among age groups, cultures, and educational levels.
- Additional skills preferred: Knowledge/competence of Microsoft office products and keyboarding.