Public Safety Corporal (Armed)Apply now Job ID 5703952 Date posted 09/12/2017 Facility Clemmons Medical Center Department Public Safety Work Schedule
- Full time
- 12-hour days
- 36 hours per week
Location: Clemmons, NC
The Public Safety Corporal (Armed) applies the job skills necessary to provide a safe and secure environment for improving the health of our communities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
- Experience: Six months satisfactory experience as a public safety officer-senior at a Novant Health hospital or facility required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: IAHSS basic and advanced training certifications required. NCPPSB Armed Security Office Registration Permit required.
- Additional skills required: Must qualify for and maintain a North Carolina Private Protective Service Board Armed Security Officer Registration Permit in accordance with annual training and qualification standards established by Novant Health. Public contact experience. Satisfactorily completes all required organizational and departmental basic, field, and in-service training programs including the Corporate Public Safety Training Plan. Basic computer skills. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to accurately receive and transmit information by radio and telephone. Ability to translate observations and information into legible, complete, and accurate reports. No criminal record. Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Risk Management requirements. Maintains valid driver's license in the state of residence. Immediately notifies Director of Public Safety or Public Safety Manager of any and all charges relating to the operation of a motor vehicle and/or criminal complaint.
- Additional skills preferred: Security, law enforcement or military experience.