Patient Services Coord IVApply now Job ID 185609 Date posted 11/24/2016 Facility Novant Medical Group Department NMG Administration Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Responsible for processing referrals at least 50% of the time and/or performing Dimensions super-user functions such as practice support with EPIC or working the miscellaneous work queues.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: Three years of experience in a medical office setting required. Other related experience may be considered in lieu of medical office experience.
- Additional skills required: Knowledge of medical office software for the following: updating patient demographic information, posting charges, copays, and scheduling patient appointments. Requires understanding of CPT and ICD9-CM coding processes. Requires excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team. Must possess initiative. Basic medical terminology required, knowledge can be obtained through formal classes or work experience. High level of working knowledge of EPIC systems. Detailed knowledge of multiple payors’ billing requirements. Familiarity of coding requirements for practice specialty.
- Additional skills preferred: Proficient in the use of all computer software utilized in the practice.