Emergency Services TechnicianApply now Job ID 5968225 Date posted 10/12/2017 Facility Haymarket Medical Center Department Emergency Department Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
Location: Haymarket, VA
The Emergency Department (ED) technician provides patient services and care, cleans, maintains and stocks supplies and equipment and applies the principles of standard precautions and infection control. The ED technician is able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) necessary to provide services appropriate to the population and age group served in the emergency department. The ED technician will be able to collect data reflective of the patient status and report the information needed to the licensed clinical staff in the Emergency Department. The information collected will be relative to the patient specific age, needs as per policy and procedure. The ED Technician performs clerical, safety attendant and other duties as assigned within their scope. The ED Technician will receive delegated work by a Registered Nurse or member of the medical staff and is part of the care team.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: Two years ED technician experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Phlebotomy, ECG Tech, or EMT preferred. BLS Healthcare provider required.
- Additional skills preferred: Phlebotomy, ECG course/ certification, medical terminology, EMT- B/ I/ P, Senior level nursing student.
- CT Tech Haymarket, Virginia 183204