PhysicistApply now Job ID 186807 Date posted 01/09/2017 Facility Huntersville Medical Center Department Radiation Oncology Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week
Location: Charlotte, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The successful candidate will help provide medical physics services to the radiation oncology departments at Novant Health in accordance with the highest standards of practice and as required by regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Education: Master's degree required. Master’s degree or Ph.D. in physics, biophysics, engineering, radiation science, public health or closely aligned discipline required.
- Experience: Three to five years’ experience independent clinical experience as a medical physicist required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Board certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent. Board eligible candidates may also be considered.
- Additional skills required: The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a group setting. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability. Attentiveness to detail. Ability to closely follow established procedures. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. In-depth knowledge and understanding of current radiation therapy principles, methods, procedures, and techniques. Knowledge and understanding of the operational characteristics, usage, and safety parameters of a comprehensive range of radiation therapy equipment and facilities. Advanced knowledge of radiation safety principles, methods, and procedures. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations, guidelines, and standards for the provision of medical physics/radiation therapy to patients.
- Additional skills preferred: Experience with HDR Brachytherapy procedures. Experience with stereotactic radiosurgery procedures. Experience with stereotactic body radiotherapy procedures. Experience with imaging modalities (CT, PET, MR). Experience with computers and software used in radiation therapy.