PsychologistApply now Job ID 160586 Date posted 08/20/2015 Facility Huntersville Medical Center Department Comprehensive Rehab Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
Location: Huntersville, NC
The team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Provides rehabilitation services as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team to improve the functional abilities of individuals who have decreased functioning due to illness or injury.
- Provides advanced-level individual and group cognitive behavioral therapy for disordered eating related to obesity. Conducts a pre-operative evaluation of all patients interested in pursuing bariatric surgery. Provision of care must meet standards for the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
- Work collaboratively as a dedicated and fully integrated behavioral expert with the team (Surgeon, Medical Bariatrician, Clinical Services Navigator (RN), Dietitian) to coordinate care for potential bariatric surgery patients and to serve as a dedicated pre-operative and post-operative resource for patients.
- Work collaboratively as a dedicated and fully integrated behavioral expert with the team (Medical Bariatrician, Clinical Services Navigator (RN), Dietitian) to coordinate care for medically managed weight loss patients and to serve as a dedicated resource for patients.
- Provide staff development/support regarding the care of bariatric population.
- Coordinate and lead support group forums for both medical and surgical weight loss patients. At a minimum, one support group per month for both medical and surgical patient groups.
- Complete timely documentation in electronic health record on all patients.
- Work in compliance with professional and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and support the objectives of Novant Health Bariatric Solutions through internal and external communications and interactions with all levels of staff, patient’s, family members, guests, community and referral sources.
- Provide psychosocial assessment, group therapy, family therapy, for the care and treatment of the bariatric population.
- Responsible for documentation in electronic health record.
- Accurately assess for mental health and disordered eating issues.
- Provide clinical services to a wide range of ages, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Perform well in a work environment dependent upon mutual support, a high degree of independence, and a strong team concept.
- Skilled at presenting to groups and facilitating group interactions.
- Good physical and mental stamina to meet demands made by patients, families, physicians and nursing staff.
- Education: Doctoral degree from A.P.A. approved program in appropriate area. North Carolina licensed at the licensed psychologist level with Health Services Provider Certification; meets peer-review standards of current psychology staff.
- Experience: Experience with neuropsych evaluation desired.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing.