The Registered nurse serves as a leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or supports a peaceful death. The Registered nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The Registered nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
A Novant Health registered nursing career demands more out of you and more out of your nursing skills. Your patients will expect a higher level of care. They expect you to do a remarkable job every time. After all, we’re a diverse, growing integrated healthcare system. You’ll also have more support than you’ve ever had, more options and more camaraderie. At Novant Health, you can do more than just get a healthcare job. This is where your registered nursing career can discover the remarkable benefits of joining Novant Health.
- Patient Ally
The most rewarding part of the job has been the same for me from day one - seeing an open heart patient go from their lowest point after surgery to walking a short time later. While it's wonderful to know that I'm part of an organization where patients are given a new lease on life, it's also humbling to know that I'm part of something so special. ~ Cherie, RN Nurse Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Shared goverance, leadership development programs, clinical ladder program
Flexible full-time and part-time schedules
Serving more than 4 million patients annually in nearly 500 locations; at 13 medical centers with hundreds of outpatient facilities and physican clincics
401K and matching program, tuition assistance
ResponsibilitiesFacility Huntersville Medical Center Department PHH Radiology Administration Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
Location: Huntersville, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Registered Nurse serves as the leader of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health or a comforting peaceful death. The Registered Nurse utilizes best scientific evidence and compassion to assist the patient in navigating their health journey. The Registered Nurse accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. If your RN nursing license has been inactive, retired or lapsed for five years or more and you have not been licensed in another state during the last five years, successful completion of a Board approved refresher course is required prior to reactivating or reinstating your license. In order to be considered for current licensure status, you must apply for reinstatement within one year of completing the refresher course.
- Experience: One year critical care experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required. BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS required.
- Additional skills required: Ability to manage ventilators, titratable BP support medication and knowledge of EKG rhythms.
- Additional skills preferred: Previous applicable progressive/telemetry and/or critical care/neuro clinical experience.