Supv Health Information MgmtApply now Job ID 188270 Date posted 02/22/2017 Facility Huntersville Medical Center Department Health Information Management Work Schedule
- Full time
- 8-hour days
- 40 hours per week
Location: Huntersville, NC
Health information management is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management standards and systems to support the patient record. The Supervisor of Health Information Management (HIM) has the primary responsibility to manage, direct and coordinate the activities related to all on-site HIM workflows within acute care HIM Departments. This includes the oversight of all processes and staff related to: pulling/retrieving/sorting clinical records/documents, document assessment, prepping, scanning/indexing, quality analysis of paper medical record documents into any record scanning application/electronic medical record system, and on-site release of information tasks/workflows for walk-in medical record requests. The Supervisor will ensure all workflows are customer focused. The Supervisor will ensure that workflows/departments operate within CMS, TJC regulations/standards. Assists/participates in any regulatory survey response as appropriate. This colleague will also foster working relationships with other departments to ensure timely resolution related to any issues within these workflows.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in health information management. Minimum of two years in a supervisory role required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: RHIT or RHIA required.
- Additional skills required: Experience with fostering strong relationships with members of a medical staff; familiarity with Joint Commission, CMS, and other related regulations that pertain to medical record/hospital records. Must be comfortable in a computer based workflow environment. Should have a strong working knowledge of HIPAA requirements. Must have the ability to multitask and work independently with limited supervision. Must have the ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Must be able to meet standardized productivity metrics/goals. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities.
- Additional skills preferred: Experience with the EPIC EHR and/or Hyland On Base scanning application.