Surgical Tech ASCApply now Job ID 198538 Date posted 02/13/2018 Facility NH Kernersville Outpt Surg Ctr Department Surgery-Kernersville ASC Salary
Pay ranges are posted for your convenience. Placement within the ranges will be based on your experience.
Hire Rate: $16.25
Mid Rate : $20.48
Max Rate: $25.60
- PRN-as needed
Location: Kernersville, NC
The ASC Surgical Technologist is expected to work in an operating suite for the center. The ASC Surgical Technologist is able to function as a team member in an ASC environment through cross-training to other primary areas, assisting with turnover, and all other aspects of day-to-day ASC operations.
- Education: High school diploma required. Graduate of a School of Surgical Technology or Military Training Equivalent (68D -Operating Room Specialist) required.
- Experience: If no certification, minimum of five years of surgical tech experience required. Prior ASC experience or operating room experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: BLS Certified Healthcare provider required. Current Surgical Tech certification or experience requirement required.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Knowledge of EKG’s, Treadmills, Holters, Event Recorders, and Pacemaker checks. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and cardiology. Ability to establish effective working relationships and to communicate effectively. Demonstrated experience in surgical tech role with TS-C-NCCT. Must have a thorough understanding of role of the Surgical Technologist and ability to carry out the functions as stated in the job description and competencies, He/she has the ability to set priorities and organize workload of unit. Has knowledge and skills necessary to modify care according to patient's age.
- Additional skills preferred: One to two years of experience in sterile processing or equivalent training if assigned solely to sterile processing.