Clin Pharm Spec Infect DiseaseApply now Job ID 165151 Date posted 12/23/2015 Facility Prince William Medical Center Department Pharmacy Work Schedule
- Full time, exempt
- 0700 to 1530
Location: Manassas, VA
The Pharmacy Vision is to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time, and that each Pharmacy employee understands how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. Each Pharmacy employee will be essential in ensuring that Novant Health Pharmacy exists to ensure safe, effective, and affordable medication use in our communities, one person at a time.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, Infectious Diseases serves as part of the healthcare team at Novant Health by establishing an authentic personalized relationship with the patient and their chosen support system, collaborating with physicians and other team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care that promotes optimal health. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, Infectious Diseases accepts responsibility, authority, and accountability for management and provision of care in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy required.
- Experience: ASHP accredited PGY2 infectious disease residency or equivalent clinical pharmacy experience in infectious diseases/antimicrobial stewardship required. Clinical pharmacy experience in specialty area(s) preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Licensed to practice pharmacy in the applicable State(s) and in good standing with the state Board of Pharmacy(ies) required. In the absence of a license to practice pharmacy in the applicable state, licensure, whether by examination or reciprocity, must be completed within 90 days of the date of hire. ACLS, BLS preferred. Board certification or added qualifications in infectious diseases preferred.
- Additional skills required: Minimum two years of hospital pharmacy experience. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed.
- Additional skillspreferred: Other duties as outlined in Novant Health and specific facility policies and procedures.