HVAC Technician Licensed NVAApply now Job ID 182170 Date posted 08/13/2016 Facility Prince William Medical Center Department Plant Eng: Trade Svc (VA) Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 6:00am to 2:30pm with rotating call
- 40 hours per week
Location: Manassas, VA
As a Licensed HVAC Technician, you will be responsible for advanced level work, as assigned by Plant Engineering Services leadership, necessary to maintain the service life of company assets such as physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, utilities, and grounds in an operative and safe working condition.
- Education: High school diploma required. Two years vocational training in the operation and repair of heating, ventilation and air condition equipment required.
- Experience: Five plus years experience in commercial HVAC system installation and maintenance required. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: CFC Universal Certification (EPA Rule 608) required.
- Additional skills required: Applied knowledge in the application and practice of life safety, mechanical and building codes. Thorough knowledge and understanding in the operation and maintenance of various types of chillers, chilled water system and cooling towers. Thorough knowledge and understanding in the operation and maintenance of various types of boilers and steam system. Thorough knowledge and understanding in the operation and maintenance of various types of air handling units and air distribution systems. Extensive working knowledge of DDC controls and electronic building automation systems. Ability to evaluate HVAC systems for performance and efficiency improvement. Ability to analytically troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment issues using a variety of testing equipment. Thorough knowledge in understanding and utilizing technical service manuals, electrical schematics and blue prints. Valid Driver's License in state of employment.
- Additional skills preferred: Knowledge in electrical and electronic systems. Thorough knowledge in the use of personal computers and PC programs.