Coding Audit Response SpecialistApply now Job ID 2145781 Date posted 05/11/2016 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Corporate Coding Work Schedule
- Full time
- 8-hour days
- 40 hours per week
Do you like working from home?
(Coding Certifications required)
(Must reside in NC, SC, VA or GA)
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
The Coding Audit Response Specialist position responds to external and internal audits that include an assessment of ICD-9-CM, CPT or HCPCS codes and the accuracy of PPS assignment for Acute Care Facilities as assigned by Acute Care Audit Response Lead. Audits will include but will not be limited to: monthly production coding audits and commercial and CMS payers. Responses will be coordinated through the Audit Response Lead for all the Acute Care Hospitals within the market.
The Coding Audit Response Specialist will support the Acute Care Audit Response Lead by proactively managing (including corresponding communications and escalation paths) significant issues in coding. The Acute Care Audit Response Specialist will work closely with other members of the HIM Coding Market Team in addressing issues related to accurate/timely coding, documentation, unbilled management and denials. This position will often work with multi-disciplinary teams in addressing issues related to coding and clinical documentation improvement operations.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in coding required. Minimum of one (1) year experience auditing for DRG assignment or CPT/APC assignment and diagnosis coding accuracy required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Any of the following certifications: CCA, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-A required.
- Additional skills required: Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles and guidelines. Extensive knowledge of reimbursement systems. Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be detail-oriented and analytical in nature; medical terminology, advanced level; anatomy and physiology, advanced level with laboratory experience; advanced level coding courses ICD-9-CM and CPT-4. Must be able to work during times of unusually high volume and of unusual need as workload demands.
- Additional skills preferred: Computer skills in databases, data entry experience with SoftMed and 3M Encoder software. Experience working in remote environment.
Keywords: CCS, CCS-P, Certified, Certified Coder, Coder, Coders, Coding, Coding Tech, Coding Technician, CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, Full Time, Health Care, Health Information Management, HIM, Hospital Coder, Medical, Medical Records, NC, North Carolina, Part Time, PRN, Record, Records, RHIA, RHIT, SC, South Carolina, Specialist, Technologist, VA, Virginia.