CSSO Registered Nurse GeneralApply now Job ID 165504 Date posted 01/19/2016 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Central Staffing Office Work Schedule
- Full time
- 12-hour days
- 36 hours per week
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
CSSO Registered Nurses are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings. The CSSO RN is part of a market based, corporate float pool team that is assigned to varying units during their shift to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility. These RN’s possess the skills, competency and qualifications, as well as a requirement to work in two or three (2-3) facilities within a defined market: Greater Charlotte (GCM), Greater Winston-Salem (GWSM) or split market. This group shall be known as the General Pool. These employees are a part of Patient Care Services. The specialties within the CSSO float pool include: Medical Surgical/Telemetry, Critical Care, Behavioral Health, Emergency, Women’s and Perioperative Services.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. BSN preferred.
- Experience: CSSO RNs will fall into one to two of the following pre-determined sub-specialties: Medical Surgical/Telemetry RN, Critical Care RN, Emergency Services RN, Behavioral Health RN, Women’s Service RN or Perioperative RN. Minimum two years’ experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current compact licensure in appropriate state required. BLS Healthcare Provider required. Specialty certification preferred.
- Additional skills required: Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy. Advanced training as required by department/unit/facility per identified skill set/sub category. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Has the ability to interpret information and identify each patient’s requirement for care relative to his/her age specific need. Has the knowledge and skill necessary to modify care according to patient(s) age. Successfully complete the Cardiac dysrhythmia test or Cardiac dysrhythmia course within three months of hire. ACLS and NIH Stroke Scale certification upon hire or must be able to obtain within 6 months of hire (excluding BH). Emergency Department RN – CPI certification and NRP, PALS or ENPC. Behavioral Health RN – CPI certification. Women’s Service RN—NRP; Pediatrics—PALS. Labor and Delivery, Antepartum RN —fetal monitoring course. Mother/Baby RN—breastfeeding course.
- Additional skills preferred: Proficient in cardiac rhythm interpretation. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course. Specialty Certification. BH—Ability to perform all CPI physical holds.