CSSO Registered NurseApply now Job ID 129051 Date posted 06/03/2015 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department Central Staffing Office Work Schedule
- Full time
- 7:00pm to 7:00am
- 36 hours per week
Location: *This is a float position between Novant Health facilities within the Greater Winston Market that includes: Forsyth Medical Center, Thomasville Medical Center, Rowan Medical Center, Kernersville Medical Center, and Medical Park Hospital*
CSSO Registered Nurses are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings. The CSSO RN is part of a market based, corporate float pool team that is assigned to varying units during their shift to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility. These RNs possess the skills, competency and qualifications, as well as a requirement to work in all facilities within a defined market (Greater Charlotte (GCM) or Greater Winston-Salem (GWSM)). This group shall be known as the super pool. These employees are a part of patient care services. The specialties within the current CSSO float pool include inpatient acute: medical surgical/telemetry, critical care, emergency services and behavioral health.
- Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. BSN preferred.
- Experience: CSSO RNs will fall into one to two of the following pre-determined sub-specialties: Medical surgical/telemetry RN, critical care RN, emergency services RN and behavioral health RN. Minimum two years’ experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current compact licensure in appropriate state required. BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS required. Specialty certification preferred.
- Additional skills required: Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy. Advanced training as required by department/unit/facility per identified skill set/sub category. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Has the ability to interpret information and identify each patient’s requirement for care relative to his/her age specific need. Has the knowledge and skill necessary to modify care according to patient(s) age. Successfully complete the cardiac dysrhythmia test or cardiac dysrhythmia course within three months of employment. ACLS certification upon hire or must be able to obtain within six months of hire. NIH Stroke Scale certification within six months of hire (excluding BH). Emergency department – NRP, PALS or ENPC, behavioral health – CPI certification.
- Additional skills preferred: Proficient in cardiac rhythm interpretation. Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course. Specialty certification (TNCC or CEN for emergency services; CCRN, PCCN, or CNRN for critical care; CMSRN or CVN for Medical surgical/telemetry). Behavioral health – ability to perform all CPI physical holds.