Emerg. Dept. Coding TechApply now Job ID 5217625 Date posted 07/26/2017 Facility Novant Health Corporate Department ED Coding Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, and every 3rd weekend
- 40 hours per week
Location: Winston Salem, NC
The Charge Entry Coding Specialist’s primary responsibilities are related to determining the appropriate level of care is assigned to each Emergency Department patient to ensure accurate charge capture using Dimensions and Lynx systems. Responsible for ED Coding/charging functions including processing patient records for E&M levels, determining all charges for procedures, entering charges in the computer, reviewing and completing EMTALA log process, assisting with quality assurance measures.
- Education: High School Diploma required.
- Experience: Two years data entry experience preferred. CPT and ICD-10 coding experience preferred.
- Additional skills required: Must have thorough word processing and spreadsheet skills. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work with changing priorities. May require proficient use of a calculator. Must have excellent grammar and spelling skills. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Must be detail-oriented. Requires the ability to work independently using effective analytical skills. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team. Must possess initiative. May require medical terminology. Additional skills preferred: Ability to work with Outlook, Word and Excel software.
- Additional skills preferred: Ability to work with Outlook, Word and Excel software