Specialty Systems TechnicianApply now Job ID 160824 Date posted 08/26/2015 Facility Forsyth Medical Center Department Plant Eng: Trade Svc (GWM) Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8-hour days
- 40 hours per week
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
The team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The Specialty Systems Technician is responsible for maintenance, repair and the safe, efficient operation of one or more of the following specialty building systems: the building automation systems, the fire detection system, the fire suppression system, the tube station, nurse call system, and bed repairs. This position will work closely with the rest of Plant Engineering Services to ensure both customer satisfaction and efficient use of hospital resources.
This position will work primarily on the specialty system that they are trained and have experience on, but will be assigned to respond to general maintenance repairs, as needed. This position will also act as point of contact for any change of operations or construction projects dealing with the building automation systems, fire alarm system, fire suppression system, nurse call systems, tube station or bed repair.
- Education: Associates degree required. Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: Five years experience in a healthcare setting in the following specialty systems: fire detection systems, fire suppression system, nurse call systems, HVAC controls and building automation systems, bed repairs, and tube systems required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: License and/or certification may be required based on specialty system position.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Knowledgeable of installation, operations, and maintenance of specific specialty system as required in the healthcare setting. Ability to analytically troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment issues using a variety of testing equipment. Also the ability to evaluate systems for performance improvement. Ability to utilize and interpret technical service manuals and blue prints. Applied knowledge in the application and practice of life safety, mechanical and building codes. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Ability to successfully apply customer service standards. Valid driver’s license.