Surg Tech-CVORApply now Job ID 188954 Date posted 03/18/2017 Facility Forsyth Medical Center Department Open Heart Surgery Work Schedule
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week
Location: Winston Salem, NC
A Surgical Technologist, under the direction of Surgeons and Registered Nurses, assists with patient care and related services. The technologist must have the ability to assist with care of the adult population.
- Education: High school diploma required. Graduate of a school of surgical technology or military training equivalent (68D – Operating Room Specialist) required.
- Experience: If no certification, minimum of five years of surgical tech experience required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current surgical tech certification or experience required. BLS required. ACLS for staff working in cardiovascular OR required.
- Additional skills required: Has knowledge and skills necessary to modify care according to patient (s) age. Has the ability to interpret information to identify each patient's requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs.