Tumor Registrar IApply now Job ID 186392 Date posted 12/24/2016 Facility Forsyth Medical Center Department Tumor Registry Work Schedule
- PRN-as needed
Location: Winston Salem, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Responsible for any combination of tumor registry functions including case finding, abstracting, follow-up, monitoring, and statistical reporting of all reportable benign and malignant neoplasms diagnosed or treated in Novant Health network facilities. With possible telecommuniting option.
- Education: Associates degree required. Associates degree in Cancer Information Management preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience in tumor registry preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: CTR through the NCRACC required.
- Additional skills required: Advanced level of medical terminology. Completion of anantomy and physiology, basic statistics and epidemiology. Oncology knowledge of the disease process, including standards of care; surgical, radiation, and systemic treatment regimens. Knowledge of the American College of Surgeons Cancer Program Standards. coding courses in ICD0-3, Facility Oncology Data Standards, AJCC TNM Staging, SEER Summary Staging, Collaborative Staging, Multiple Primary & Histology Coding Rules, NC Cancer Collection & Reporting Manual. Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy with medical staff, Novant Health departments, private physician offices and non-Novant Health facilities to obtain patient information and resolve staging issues.
- Additional skills preferred: Computer skills in databases: data entry experience with Electronic Registry Systems Inc., SMS Invision/Net Access, Epic,facility anatomic pathology system , Radiology, Mosaiq ,SoftMed, Allscripts, and other e-records that become available.